Bhajan Global Impact Foundation (BGIF) is a public charitable trust created to drive transformative change through evidence-based policy design and impact interventions. We seek to create an ecosystem of knowledge, innovation, and impact by convening subject matter experts, policy analysts, social change makers, government bodies, corporates, philanthropists, and multilateral organisations.
We strongly believe that when a group of passionate and committed thinkers come together in the spirit of true collaboration, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
The Foundation has been founded under the guidance of the Bishnoi family who have devoted their lives to public service in India, particularly in the state of Haryana.
As a start, we are trying to engage some of the best minds and organisations across the world to solve challenging socio economic issues in a sustainable manner in the state of Haryana, particularly the district of Hisar.
For details please visit: http://bhajanfoundation.org
- Position: Social Impact Lead (this is a full-time position)
- Function: Think Tank
- Location: Gurugram, Haryana; with intermittent travel to rural parts of Haryana
- Reports to (position): Director
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct needs assessment and identify key developmental challenges in Haryana based on primary and secondary research.
- Identify focus sectors and geographies in collaboration with the leadership, based on insights from primary and secondary research.
- Propose action plan and conduct feasibility assessment for the selected social impact projects in the short, medium, and long term (which will vary across projects).
- Prepare detailed implementation plan for the projects, including technical details, budget, and required resources.
- Build financially sound, executable, and data-driven impact interventions in line with the vision, mission, and objectives of the organisation.
- Identify and connect, with the leadership, best suited execution partners and conduct legal contracting.
- On-board execution partners and help them plan detailed activities.
- Identify individuals, corporates, and/or multilateral organisations to provide financial support to the impact interventions.
- Monitor execution and articulate impact of all initiatives and verify progress.
- Conduct an impact assessment of impact interventions.
- Coordinate with the digital marketing team to communicate and amplify on-ground impact through all relevant media.
- Collaborate with the entire think tank team to drive a coherent campaign narrative.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum experience of three years with respect to a policy, social development, non-profit, CSR, and/or government role.
- Bachelors or Masters (desirable but not compulsory) in the following subjects, or related disciplines (from a reputed institution):
○ Development Studies
○ Public Policy
○ Government Studies
○ International Relations
○ Public Administration
○ Political Science
- Excellent skills in designing, implementing, and assessing social development projects.
- Excellent skills in documentation, proposal development, and report writing.
- Excellent skills in partnership management and communication.
- Exercise command over the following languages:
- Fluent Hindi and English required.
- Other Indian languages spoken (especially Haryanvi) desirable.
- Have a strong service ethic and a passion for social development.
- Be patient, and work well under stress and time constraints.
- Be personable, and have a sustained positive attitude.
- Be a strategic thinker with an interest in learning new skills.
- Possess a strong command over policies and developmental challenges across India, especially Haryana.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possess attention to detail and disciplined with priorities.
- Have proactive energy, with the ability to spot challenges and solve them.
- Be an effective team player.
- Be a passionate life-long learner who is interested and confident in a high learning environment.
- Be highly creative, and a lateral thinker who enjoys creating out of the box solutions using data- and information-driven thinking.
- Be comfortable in managing unclear problems and working through uncertainty.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment in a flexible and energetic way.
- Be able to solve challenges in creative, enthusiastic, and effective ways.
- Be able to drive a task to completion within a time constraint.
- Be willing to travel and relocate.
NOTE: This position requires full-time residence in Delhi-NCR. It requires frequent travel to Hisar and other parts of Haryana. It may also require travel to other parts of India.
Through working with our organisation, you will have the opportunity to:
- Interact and collaborate with international thought leaders in strategy and execution.
- Develop strong relationships with non-profits, civil society organisations, thought leaders, subject matter experts, governments, corporates, and others.
- Build expertise in cross-functional areas of designing and execution of short and long term social development projects.
- Lead and manage a team that is doing highly sophisticated, evidence-based impact and social development work.
- Travel extensively, and meet and interact with the best minds globally.
All candidates must submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org