Bhajan Global Impact Foundation (BGIF) is a public charitable trust created to drive transformative change through evidence-based policy design and impact interventions. We seek to create an ecosystem of knowledge, innovation, and impact by convening subject matter experts, policy analysts, social change makers, government bodies, corporates, philanthropists, and multilateral organisations.
We strongly believe that when a group of passionate and committed thinkers come together in the spirit of true collaboration, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
The Foundation has been founded under the guidance of the Bishnoi family who have devoted their lives to public service in India, particularly in the state of Haryana.
As a start, we are trying to engage some of the best minds and organisations across the world to solve challenging socio economic issues in a sustainable manner in the state of Haryana, particularly the district of Hisar.
For details please visit: http://bhajanfoundation.org
- Position: Policy Lead (this is a full-time position)
- Function: Think Tank
- Location: Gurugram, Haryana; with intermittent travel to rural parts of Haryana
- Reports to (position): Director
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a Vision Document for the state of Haryana based on primary and secondary research.
- Identify key policy and developmental challenges in Haryana based on primary and secondary research.
- Drive research and analysis to provide insights on global, domestic, and regional best practices that address key policy and developmental challenges in Haryana.
- Analyse data to test the effectiveness of current policies of the government, and ascertain the nature of the policy challenge.
- Prepare a policy brief with respect to the key policy and developmental challenges identified above.
- Build financially sound, executable, and data-driven policies that form part of the policy brief and vision document.
- Identify and connect with the leadership, relevant subject matter experts in order to obtain key insights and oversight on the policy knowledge developed.
- Ensure alignment of policy proposals with the vision, mission, and objectives of the organisation.
- Provide periodic updates to the Director on progress with respect to the work assigned.
- Collaborate with the entire think tank team to drive a coherent campaign narrative.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum experience of three years with respect to a policy, social development, and/or government role.
- Bachelors or Masters (desirable but not compulsory) in the following subjects, or related disciplines (from a reputable institution):
○ Public Policy
○ Political Science
○ Behavioural Science
○ Data Science
○ Development Studies
○ Government Studies
○ International Relations
○ Public Administration
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and statistical modelling tools (R, STATA, EViews).
- Previous experience in research desirable.
- Excellent skills in documentation, proposal development, and report writing.
- Expertise in any one or more of the following areas:
Health, Education, Employment, Environment, Governance, Infrastructure, Agriculture, Gender, Law & Order, Governance, Youth Affairs
- Be passionate about policy design.
- Exercise command over the following languages:
- Fluent Hindi and English required.
- Other Indian languages spoken (especially Haryanvi) desirable.
- Have a strong service ethic and passion for social development.
- Be patient and work well under stress, and time constraints.
- Be personable, and have a sustained positive attitude.
- Be a strategic thinker with an interest in learning new skills.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possess attention to detail and disciplined with priorities.
- Have proactive energy, with the ability to spot challenges and solve them.
- Be a passionate life-long learner who is interested and confident in a high learning environment.
- Be highly creative, and a lateral thinker who enjoys creating out of the box solutions using data- and information-driven thinking.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment in a flexible and energetic way.
- Be able to solve challenges in creative, enthusiastic, and effective ways.
Through working with our organisation, you will have the opportunity to:
- Interact and collaborate with international thought leaders in strategy and execution.
- Develop strong relationships with non-profits, civil society organisations, thought leaders, subject matter experts, governments, corporates, and others.
- Build expertise in cross-functional areas of designing and execution of short and long term social development projects.
- Lead and manage a team that is doing highly sophisticated, evidence-based impact and social development work.
- Travel extensively, and meet and interact with the best minds globally.
All candidates must submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org