Bhajan Global Impact Foundation (BGIF) is looking for Policy Consultants to design comprehensive Policy Briefs for the state of Haryana, in one or more Focus Areas (based on your area of interest and expertise):
- Health & Wellbeing
- Education & Leadership
- Agriculture & Rural Economy
- Law & Order
- Sports & Youth Affairs
- Gender Equality
- Position: Policy Consultant (this is a contractual, short-term position)
- Function: Think Tank
- Location: Gurugram, Haryana; with intermittent travel to rural parts of Haryana
- Reports to (position): Director
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a sector-specific Policy Brief for the state of Haryana, based on primary and secondary research in one or more areas highlighted above.
- Identify pressing concerns in Haryana in the chosen Focus Area.
- Analyse evidence and data to test the effectiveness of current policies of the government, conduct secondary literature review, ascertain policy challenges, and make key recommendations for the state of Haryana.
- Ensure that the policy recommendations are aligned with the best national and international practices, standards, and conventions.
- Build financially sound, executable, and evidence-based policies that form part of the sector-specific Policy Brief, and the overall Vision Document for the state of Haryana.
- Reach out to media platforms through which the Policy Briefs can be shared and communicated effectively.
- Provide periodic updates to the Director on progress with respect to the work assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5-7 years with respect to a policy, social development, and/or government role with a proven track record of dealing with multiple stakeholders such as bureaucrats, governments, civil society organisations, etc.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in the following subjects, or related disciplines (from a reputable institution):
○ Public Policy
○ Political Science
○ Development Studies
○ Behavioural Science
○ Data Science
○ Development Finance
○ Agricultural Science
○ Gender Studies
○ Government Studies
○ International Relations
○ Public Administration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English and Hindi), MS Office skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders (a knowledge of SPSS, Eviews, and/or STATA is highly desirable).
- Willingness to travel within Haryana.
- Excellent skills in documentation, proposal development, and report writing.
The consulting assignment will be for a period of one year initially, which can be extended, depending on the availability of candidates and their performance.
All candidates must submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
BGIF is a public charitable trust created to drive transformative change through evidence-based policy design and impact interventions. We seek to create an ecosystem of knowledge, innovation, and impact by convening subject matter experts, policy analysts, social change makers, government bodies, corporates, philanthropists, and multilateral organisations.
We strongly believe that when a group of passionate and committed thinkers come together in the spirit of true collaboration, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
The Foundation has been founded under the guidance of the Bishnoi family who have devoted their lives to public service in India, particularly in the state of Haryana.
As a start, we are trying to engage some of the best minds and organisations across the world to solve challenging socio economic issues in a sustainable manner in the state of Haryana, particularly the district of Hisar.
For details please visit: http://bhajanfoundation.org